Re: Had a close call with a 4X4!

From: Mark (Mark1yourunderwear@teisprint.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 17:41:44 EST

Yea, that would be a given. If you have one wheel pointing east when the
rest are pointing north, that should fall into the "planning days in
advance" category. If you have a good flat location that you can put the
frame on jackstands in, with a good quality level and a tape measure, you
can find frame twists or bends down to about a 1/4". Check a local frame
shop and see what they would charge to roll a bare frame in and check it
out. The guy I deal with charges $250, bent or straight, same price. But
that $250 guarantees that it will come out straight. As for all the parts,
talk to a few of your local yards and tell them what you are up to. Some
will put you on a list and tell you when they have what your looking for.
Some will even work out a price deal if you bring back all your swapped out
parts and scrap. It's all in the planning...

Mark