Re: free money if you have a sprint phone

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 23:26:05 EST

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:13:16PM -0500, Tim Althoff <talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote:
> anybody have any tips for verizon????

Make any changes to your account and they are quite likely to screw it up.

I ended up with nearly free service for almost 6 months because they
repeatedly screwed up my bill. I would call and yell, and every month
they promised "we've fixed it!" and give me a credit for the mistake.

Ultimately, what I wanted meant that they had to extend my contract. I
yelled enough saying that I didn't trust them (which I didn't, and still
don't, because of all of the problems)... finally the guy talked to his
supervisor and gave me all of the promotional stuff without extending my
contract.

In short, if you yell enough, they'll take care of you.

Now their paging services on the other hand... They have policies set in
stone that an hour of yelling wouldn't get around. Sadly they're the only
ones that have decent paging coverage in my area or I would have switched.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
2000 Dakota CC, SLT, 4x4, 4.7L V8, 3.92LSD