RE: Shelby on e-bay

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 19:22:47 EST

Read this thread below!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Patrick and
Kelly Engram
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 10:23 PM
To: DML
Subject: DML: Shelby on e-bay

low 16's with the tbi 318?!? What planet is that dragstrip running on?
  I'd give them high 16's at best and low to mid 17's with no mods.
  Damn, I had a Turbo II, intercooled Shelby Daytona that weighed 700
pounds less and would barely do 16.1's by sidestepping the clutch at
5000 rpms.
  Patrick

My son had a Shelby Daytona turbl 5 speed that could easily run away from my
Shelby Dak! The old tbi 318 has lots of torque but runs out of breath real
quickly. If I bought another Shelby I would have to convert it to a 4bbl
carb motor with some good heads to be worth anything at racing.
Jim in Waco