RE: RE: simple sqeak to god awful shrieking...

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:43:58 EST

Ok Eric, here's some ideas. Remove the belt; spin the alternator, PS, AC,
water pump and idler pulleys by hand. The pulleys should spin with very
little resistance, although the idler pulley may have more resistance
(normal on mine). Also check each for any wobble, fore and aft play, and
any roughness while turning. If you don't find a problem there, try running
the engine briefly without the belt and see if the squeaking is gone. If
this doesn't point you to the problem.....turn up the volume on your radio.
:-)

RayB