RE: PowerTrax No Slip

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 16:04:01 EST

I have one. It depends on what you want. Tell me how your driving style
is. I'll tell you this, you probably won't like it if you have a 5-Speed.
It makes a lot of noise if you do. I have the 5-Speed and like it but I am
also out for straight line performance. I didn't care much about turning
and powering. This has to be the weakest point of the locker. It's
supposed to disengage on turns but doesn't if you give it any gas and this
causes a problem when you have a bright yellow dak and screeching tires!

It's an easy install and only need one modification to your the C-clip that
is stock. the opening of the clip needs to be shaved off a bit but is easy
to do. Anyone can install this. I have never even looked at a rear-end
when I installed it. Most say you can install it in 1 hour but it took me
about 2.5 hours b/c of some little problems and I like to take my time and
make sure it's right!

Overall I really enjoy it. You do need to drive it for about 2 weeks to get
used to it and the characteristics of the locker but after that I think most
will enjoy it.

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com