Re: Welders?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 00:11:34 EST

BARRY OLIVER wrote:

> Dumb question about welders: I have been thinking about buying one, and for the $$, it seems to me that a "welderator" [generator and welder in the same unit]represents a good deal. I have seen them in the $200-2500 range, but when you add a the cost of a welder and a generator togeather, it seems like a deal - especially since you end up with 1 unit instead of 2. Obviously I am missing a downside here [or there would be more of them out there] but I don't know enough to know what I am missing. Note: the ability to weld things in remote locations REALLY appeals to me - that' seems to be where I would need it the most... So, Welding guru's, What do you think?
>
> -Barry

$200??? go for it.

unless your gonna be welding for a living you
can kill the engine quick w/ short runs as they
are designed to run for long periods.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.