Re: Flooring it.

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 17:31:52 EST

Richard,
I saw your "it was a joke" message after I sent mine. This kind of thing
happens all the time for those of us in Digest mode.

John

<snip>
John, could you please tell me the coefficient of friction of a as it tire
spins on ice? What is the rate of increase of tire temperature and decrease
of ice temperature as this occurs? How does this effect the rate of forward
motion on the tire?
For pete's sake, it was a f*%$ing comment on the stupidity of the person
attempting the maneuver, not meant to be taken seriously.
Your concern for a fellow DMLer is gratefully accepted, though :^) I'll take
this in the spirit in wnicn it was intended. I wouldn't be out there doing
that though I've seen it done often enough and always laughed at the
foolhardiness of the individuals involved.
<unsnip>