Re: Re: Meets this Summer & Fall

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:54:23 EST

> Josh Battles wrote:
> > it seems as if the cold weather has taken it's toll on everyone. my
excuse
> > for the auto show was totally legit though!!! I had a branch
application
> > server's raid array go out that week........
>
> Sounds pretty weak to me :) That happened to us a year ago on one of
> our most critical SQL Server boxes and we were only out about 10 hours.
>
> Sorry, just jerking your chain. Been there, done that, got the war
> stories to prove it.

It was especially hard b/c CDW didn't have the controller in stock that we
needed...had to wait an extra day and shift an entire branch's operations to
another server across the WAN...let me tell you, when you're only using half
a T1 for data, and it's a server based GUI application, those load times
were in the 10 min range... Lots of people were unhappy with me those few
days!

I'm betting that when your SQL box went down, you didn't have an entire bank
branch running on it though. I can definately sympathize with you about
things going down as well.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L