Re: We're not allowed in the RV show

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 18:37:58 EST

From: <jon@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 4:34 PM

> I don't have a weight distributing setup on any of my trailers, but
> after seeing how well it works on Ed's monster travel trailer which he
> pulls behind his QC, I'm a believer! :-)

A-ha!!! Cool, thanks for explaining that and digging up the link. I
suppose I could have found it myself with a big of Googling. Yeah, I think
that kind of setup is high on the list of things to get when we pick it up.
The dealer we're buying the trailer from made sure to point out that they
can conveniently meet all of our hitch equipment needs as well :-). They
might be the best ones to figure out exactly what we need, but I'll also
check prices at Canadian Tire, etc. so we know what to reasonably expect.

> Looks very nice!! I would have expected a higher price tag.

I think that has something to do with the absence of the ultra-light feature
:-). As long as we can manage the weight, I'm just as happy to get more
features for the money, rather than pay the extra materials cost.

> Is there an option for an on-board generator? If so, that might be
> a useful feature; depending on how you intend to use it.

I haven't seen anything about that. I think this one might be a bit small
for that sort of thing. If it came down to it, we could always get an
external generator and hook in to that. Mostly we're planning on getting
camp sites with electrical hookups, whenever possible.

> That's what I was thinking - where are you going to put it? :-)
> Maybe you could back it through into the back yard?

Not with the neighbor's hedge there. There's no way to manouver it around
the side of the house, unfortunately.

> BTW, if you are having difficulty finding a place for it and wouldn't
> mind being a couple of hours away from it, I'm sure it would be OK if
> you wanted to park it at "DML HQ" - there are a couple hundred acres here
> so I'm sure we could find *some* place to tuck it out of the way.

Thanks for the offer. It's good to know it's an option if it comes to that.
Although, I would prefer to have it more accessible if possible. I think
one of the nice things about having our own trailer is that we'll be able to
go camping every other weekend if we want to.

> Will you be bringing it down to the BBQ and camping in style? :-)

That's the plan :-).

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer