V6 4RUNNER SPANK

From: Edward Falsename (msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 23:07:30 EST

So im driving around testing my tps voltage adjustment and my 21k ohm
resistor on the IAT harness, minding my own buiseness, checking to see how
fast i could fly from lights, when i fly from a light and see a rather large
plastic brick that didnt become a small spot in the distance.

This plastic brick then drives into the lane next to me (he was behind, i
was on the right) and starts catching up. The light down the road turns red,
and we stop. So im like, "yeah, sure, lets go", and he starts edging
forward. I stand still, and he creeps about 1/2 car ahead of me.

The light turns green, and i lean into the pedal gradually, then to the
floor, and were off. At first we were neck and neck, which kinda
dissapointed me, thinking i could have taken him from the get-go, but
anyway, at about 40 i start pulling ahead. At 60 i had about 1/1/2 car
lengths on him, and decided to slow down.

I feel like the truck was straining there for a while to leave him behind,
with the money i recently put into it. A ported TB, IP proflo intake,
flowkooler WP, coil/cap/rotor/wires and some other miscellaneous stuff i
cant remember. Should i have left him farther behind?

The 4runner was brand new, the one with the plastic ring around it. looked a
2003. Dunno what engine was in there.

oh well, i won.
99 RC V6