V6 To V8 Swap

From: Sam South (sawcut64@msn.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 23:03:36 EST

I'm sure this has been gone over before, but with only a dial up connection
and being a complete lazy ass, I can't talk myself into looking through the
archives, so.....what exactly is involved with a V6 to V8 swap in a 5-speed
92-95 Dak, aside from the obvious engine, trans., computer? How hard is it
to change the fuel rail? Can I just wire in two extra injector connections
to the V6 harness and how exactly is the best way to do that, or do I need a
V8 harness? What about motor mounts, trans. crossmember, cooling system,
front coil springs and any other swap issue I haven't mentioned? Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated, because at this point my only option to
starting another Dak project is starting with a V6 because V8 RC 5-speed's
are impossible to find here in Texas. Thanks gang!!!

Sam South
(currently Dakless)