Delayed Upshift in '92 Dakota Club 4x2 318cid

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 01:39:00 EST

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have problems with the '92 Dak
and 'delayed shift' in the auto tranny? Especially when the
tranny is cold.

Typical Symptom:

I go out to the truck at 7:00am. It's about 35 to 40 degrees here in
cali. So I start 'er up and let run for a few minutes. I pull out and make
it over to the freeway which takes about 5 minutes of city driving. I pull on
to the highway and get up to 70Mph but it's still in 3rd gear. I see about
4300 RPMs on the tach. The only thing that gets it to kick up to 4th gear is
if I rev 'er up to about ~5000 RPM . Then it drops into 4th. After that I
have no problem for the rest of the day. It's just an early morning thing.

Fluid is pink and the right level.

Anyone know of this?

Also is anyone sure which tranny this is? Is it an A500?

thanks in advance

-Dan K.

'92 Dakota Club 4x2 Auto 318cid
110,000 mi.

** Gotta love those Dodge Trucks **

=====
Dan Kramarsky
RF Engineer
SpeedBand, Inc.
=- Wireless Internet Service Provider -=

phone: 909-551-7358
web: www.speedband.com