Rear Wheel Bearings - Again!

From: Jon (jons@laserdrive.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 07:33:22 EST

OK, it's about that time again. I think my rear wheel bearings are shot
again. It happened at 26K miles and now I have 43K. I get a nice constant
hum from the rear end that varies with speed. I rotated the tires cause I
thought one might be causing the problem. No luck. Anyone out there with
the FSM on disc or willing to copy the pages on how to replace the bearings?
Please email me on or off the list. Also, what was the website that was
selling the FSM?

I noticed something funny while rotating my tires. I had the rear end up on
the lift and started the truck. I wanted to see if the tires were vibrating
or humming. Only one wheel was turning. I have an open diff. so, shouldn't
both wheels be turning? I held one and the other turned like it should.

--
Jon Slavic
2000 CC Intense Blue 4x4 4.7L V8

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Bright Silver Metallic 4x4 3.7L V6