Re: Hitch questions (was: We're not allowed in the RV show)

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 06:59:58 EST

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:57:46 andy levy wrote:

> Don't do it for very long distances. While the weight may be OK, the
> combination of weight and wheelbase may put you in a "tail wagging the
> dog" situation. A family friend lost his 30' trailer in part because he
> hooked it up to too small a vehicle (4Runner).

No, I don't think I'd do that either. Have you ever parked next to a
4Runner? They're definitely smaller than a Dak, especially the older
ones. Even regular cab gen II Daks. And this trailer is considerably
shorter than 30 feet.

What was the weight of the 30' trailer? What was the rating of the
4Runner? Just curious how close he was to the ratings.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer