RE: 4.7L oil change (humor?)

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 17:19:58 EST

I just throw a sizeable old rag up in there under the filter
to catch the drippings. I use an old bath towel cut in half
and it seems to do good duty for about 3 oil changes before
it's pretty soaked and has to be trashed. I'm thinking of
tearing off the plastic shroud and fabbing one up from sheet
aluminum, just haven't gotten to it yet. I think I read on
the list here a couple years ago about someone doing
that..... But I'm not going to do that until I'm ready to
make another one. I don't want to run it without that shroud
in place.

Tim
2K CC 4.7 4X4