RayB adds 2 mpg to my Dak!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 21:52:15 EST

Hey RayB,
I know you've told me before, (didn't believe you) and I recently read your
post to someone else here on the DML concerning a factory can/fresh air tube
vs. the open element filter (FIPK clone)on a GenII (still didn't believe
you).

With the price of premium being about 1.85 to 1.91 a gallon here, I decided
to take your advice. I tried it out myself on a trip to and from Miami last
week. I used the factory canister with a drop in 10" K+N. My setup only
has one fresh air hose attached to the grill. I normally average about 16.6
mpg on the highway with my 14" open element K+N. On this trip, I got 18.8
mpg! That is also running the air conditioner the whole trip. Sorry for
you guys up north, but it was 85-89 degrees here last week.

Hallelujah Ray, I'm a believer!

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport 5.2 Auto