Re: We're not allowed in the RV show

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 21:54:27 EST

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and opinions about our trailer.
Norah called a friend who works at our dealership today to verify the
actual facts. He also referred her to the local technical expert in
regard to payload and towing. Both of these gentlemen laughed at her, and
told her to stop worrying and enjoy the trailer. She asked all the "but
what about the axle ratio, and the GVWR, and the dry vs. loaded weight,
and so forth" questions. They said "yeah, we know all that stuff, and
you're FINE. Have fun."

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:57:18 Ed McCarrick wrote:

> Yes longer, but not that much heavier. They didn't get
> an ultralight like we did. Mine is 6 feet longer but
> less than 300 lbs heavier. Yes, it should be fine as
> long as they get the weight distribution equipment

This might be getting a bit off topic, but I noticed an interesting thing
about the ultralight models. I checked some of the other Fleetwood models
to see how much lighter they actually are.

The closest in size to ours is the 722F. They use the same model number
across all the ultralight brands (Wilderness Yukon, Prowler Lynx and Terry
Dakota).

Looking at the 722F, it's two feet shorter, and the GVWR is 1100 lbs less
than our Pioneer. Quite a difference. However, the actual dry weight is
only 447 lbs less. The other 653 lbs seems to be due to the lowered
carrying capacity. I notice that the water tank is smaller, and also the
tires. Supposedly to prevent the owner from loading too much gear in it.
Oh, and it's also over $1500 more expensive for the smaller trailer with
less carrying capacity.

So, if we load less gear, we can get halfway to having an ultralight (for
free)? Is that a medium light?

:-)

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario