Re: 4.7L oil change (humor?)

From: John Tuck (jwtuck@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 00:14:07 EST

Hi all, I'm new to this news group (you can check out my profile) so if
I'm not sending this message properly please forgive & advise.

Anyway, on the 4.7 oil filter issue, I too was frustrated the first time
I changed the oil, so after about 2 oil changes, I cut a rectangular
hole in the splash guard about 6 inches by 12 inches & made a cover out
of aluminum that closes off the hole. It hooks on the the plastic at one
end and the other end is held in with 2 screw. It works great for
changing the filter & also allows access for other things. I wish I'd
have done it prior to changing out the front differential fluid
(replaced with synthetic). I anyone wants more details, e-mail me.

John Tuck
4.7 Slt club 4wd