RE: 4.7L oil change (humor?)

From: Art DiRamio (ADiRamio@opensolutions.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:27:00 EST

John -

That sounds like a great idea. Got pix?

-- Art

 -----Original Message-----
From: John Tuck [mailto:jwtuck@shaw.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 12:14 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: 4.7L oil change (humor?)

Hi all, I'm new to this news group (you can check out my profile) so if
I'm not sending this message properly please forgive & advise.

Anyway, on the 4.7 oil filter issue, I too was frustrated the first time
I changed the oil, so after about 2 oil changes, I cut a rectangular
hole in the splash guard about 6 inches by 12 inches & made a cover out
of aluminum that closes off the hole. It hooks on the the plastic at one
end and the other end is held in with 2 screw. It works great for
changing the filter & also allows access for other things. I wish I'd
have done it prior to changing out the front differential fluid
(replaced with synthetic). I anyone wants more details, e-mail me.

John Tuck
4.7 Slt club 4wd

Art DiRamio wrote:
> First a question for the 4.7 Do It Yourself crowd - How do you get the oil
> filter out without spilling all over the frame and plastic? I guess I
need
> to fab some sort of foil/cardboard side type thing to direct the
inevitable
> overflow out the hole and into the tub.

NOTICE: This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed
email address. Thank You.