RE: RE: RayB adds 2 mpg to my Dak!

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 12:39:06 EST

Yeah Jon, aren't they awesome! They have to run stock carbs and intake
while it's been proven that a modern intake manifold and single carb is
superior to those old multi-carb systems. It's all about optimizing your
entire combination as a system to function it's best within the constraints
of the rules. Look at the puny tires they have to run. To run good numbers
with that handicap their system approach is exactly opposite of what they
would do if they could run slicks.

As an aside to that, Edlebrock has just released the "new" Thunder series,
AVS (air valve secondary) carbs. :-) They make it sound like this is new
technology but my '69 Charger and '70 Duster 340 came new with Carter AVS
carbs. I found them really easy to tune while most people were trashing
them in favor of a holley carb. I eventually won a holley carb so I tried
it out on my Duster. After fine tuning it at the track, it ran identically
to my AVS. I then sold the holley as you couldn't give away an AVS. :-)
Now they're the new "hot ticket".

RayB