RE: RE: RE: RE: FIRST KILL Dodge SRT-4 versus Audi A4 T

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 17:51:35 EST

> So Greg you are saying that if it is not a mega horsepower super
> car it has no value as a performance car. Many in the SCCA and in Europe
would
> disagree. I have owned muscle cars and sports cars an my two mini
> Mopars are among my favorites.

Nope, didn't say that. A Porsche 365 only puts 80hp to the crank, and it's a
performance car. Steven's trying to compare the two as equals which they are
not. They are two entirely different class of cars. I would have no problem
owning a SRT-4. They are actually very sweet cars(especially the fact that
they are just 20k, the Porsche 911 Turbo on the other hand is like $120k).
But if money was no object given the choice of having one(the SRT-4) or the
other(the Porsche 911 Turbo), the Porsche would win hands down. A comparison
between two almost like cars would be a 911 Turbo and a Viper. The Viper is
the least expensive of the two, but performance wise the two are very close.
I used to own both a 87 GLHS and a 91 Shadow Turbo. Very fun cars.

Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org