Re: wiping out annoying legal disclaimers

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 10:38:34 EST

Art DiRamio <ADiRamio@opensolutions.com> wrote:

: Jon, list keepes -

: Our company recently started attaching the annoying legal disclaimer (see
: below, I'm sure this msg will get one too) to our outgoing email. While I
: understand why they're doing it, I don't want to torture the whole list with
: it every time I send something. Wasn't there something I could add to my
: signature line to have your server ignore anything after the addition?

: If not, I could always subscribe through a different account (private), I
: was just hoping it could be done easily...

  Art,

  There *is* an option to do that when sending commands to the majordomo
address like subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. but unfortunately there isn't
anything for a normal post to the list itself.

  I could probably create a separate address which you could send posts
to that would chop off the disclaimer before sending it on to the list
though - you would just need to remember to send your posts and replies
to the alternative address rather than the usual one... If that would
help at all, let me know and I'll give it a shot.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'