Re: Re: Re: Meets this Summer & Fall

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 10:24:12 EST

> We get calls escalated by the helpdesk, but the worst ones are when one
> "client" area calls the hotline direct (actually there's 2 areas that do
> it). I feel like a pr*ck saying "I need you to call the on-call phones,
> that's the proper procedure and always has been" but if you start
> giving, they always take advantage.
>
> I'm currently in that "job security" place myself. What it really
> translates to is "even though you have 12 hours of work to do every day,
> this takes precedence and the rest will have to wait till later this
> afternoon."

Our helpdesk is very good, they can usually figure out most of the
problems... We don't have an "on-call" phone persay, but our programmers
wrote this software piece that you owuld use to submit a helpdesk "task" or
request from the intranet homepage. Then, via email it gets sent to several
distribution lists so that the necessary individuals can respond at their
convienence. No phone calls needed.

Oh, and I'm hourly...I don't mind working that 12 hours of work for 12
hours... :) One of only 2 people in the whole IT dept that are hourly.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L