96 V6 Alternator area wiring help

From: Bill Urbanovsky (bill@nacoma.cc)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 09:32:28 EST

Hello,

I have just replaced an engine in 96 V6 Dakota. I thought I labeled all the
wires but I evidently missed two. I have two wires that appear to be ground
wires that I am not sure where they attach.

1. Attached to the back or of the alternator is a black box, coming from
this box is a large black wire with a white stripe.

2. Coming from the wiring harnes between the front of the left valve cover
and the manifold (in the same area as the alternator connection) is a
smaller black wire with a brown stripe.

If anyone could take a look at where these are attached I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bill