45rfe filter/fluid change

From: CML (cmlodermeier@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 09:34:19 EST

So I stopped by the dealer the other day to pick up filters for my
45rfe. The parts guy had the round, spin-on filter but said that they
don't change the other one (screen) when they service tranny's. He
said he knew this because he had none in stock. Talk about flawed
reasoning!

Question: What type of filter is the other one? Is it just a screen as
the parts guy says? My newly acquired FSM indicates that the
replacement of the cooler return filter is optional. Which one is this?

=====
Chris
digest mode