Re: 2003 Video on DVD ??

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 15:40:32 EST

""Andy Levy"" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b48b2q$u94$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> ""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message news:b487i5
> > 802.11g WiFi is relatively new still so odds are it'll cost a pretty
penny
> > but would definately cover the distance very well and be capable of
> > delivering a nice real-time image however, from what I've read they're
> still
> > not finished defining the standards even though it's out on the market
> > already, correct?
>
> Not sure if that's true or not (I'll take your word for it), but remember
> that we have 4 months still.
>
> I came up with another idea. I'll post it from home tonight. What's the
> usable range on 802.11a and 802.11b?

First impression is that we'll get greater thouroughput from 802.11a and
possibly longer range. The max tested distance that I found was under 300
feet which would be more than adequite for most office buildings. I'm
assuming that we could get it to reach the 1500 feet from HQ to the pit, but
that the rate of data transfer would be quite slow.

I'll do some more research tonight.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L