Ride to the BBQ

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 04:18:46 EST

Hey, Jason!

<snip> Never been through Kansas or Nebraska, I take it?<snip>

Don't know about Kansas, but I've been thru Nebraska, & it's by FAR
the worst place to drive thru, at least in the daytime on I-80...It was back
in '76
- on the way to California. I seem to remember nothin but FLAT.
No ups.
No downs.
Coupla trees.
30 - 40 miles of FLAT.
Then...
Just to keep you on your toes - outta NOWHERE...
YA MAKE A RIGHT!
Whew...Ok...it's back to FLAT ...
30 - 40 - 50 miles...and...
YA MAKE A LEFT!
Whoa...man...calm down...
FLAT...(again!)
20 - 30 miles..and...
ANOTHER RIGHT!
Cripes...500 miles of this...loooooong stretches of FLAT, intermingled with
dangerous, unexpected turns!
Tough on the nerves, I wanna tell ya!

At least New York has some hills & stuff...

L8r,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed