removing tailgate

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 19:19:33 EST

Ok, I must be a dunce if I cannot figure this out, even with the DML FAQ's
help :-)

Heading down to VMP tomorrow evening, and putting the Dakota on a diet
(about 200lbs in an hour, not a bad diet, could use that myself!!).. Last
item to do is remove the tailgate (before you start the removing tailgate vs
keeping it on argument, I do have a soft tonneau cover, so it won't have any
wind drag effects, though I guess I could remove the tonneau
instead.........). I get the 2 cables off, and I'm lost after that.....
HELP! :-)

Oh yeah, got the 1.7 rockers, chrome valve covers and Headers in this week,
no time to install them before tomorrow though. Will have 'em on for the
DML VMP meet if we do get it going =D

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L