Re: removing tailgate

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 23:19:34 EST

Tailgate removal.......

Ok, i can't imagine it's much (if any) different on your '97 as it is on my
'00.....
But, what you have to do (what i did anyway) is open it and tilt it to about
45 degrees, then one side you have to pull directly away from the pin that
it sits on, along the same line as the angle of the now open tailgate.
Then, the other side you have to slide off the pin, you will be pulling the
tailgate sideways compared to the truck.

It helps if you have a buddy there, like Jon Steiger, call him up.
hahahaha

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....