Re: BBQ--> Caravan Meeting at Peace Bridge

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 00:42:32 EST

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
[...]
:> It would be nice to see all the trucks in one shot, and its also
:> nice to be able to put faces to the names for those unfortunate
:> folks stuck at home. :-)

: Technology, my boy, technology. Get everyone parked in a line or
: semi-circle, take the pictures, and then stitch them together (there'a
: big picture like that I think I sent you from the BBQ last year). We
: can't possibly get a wide enough angle lens to fit every truck that
: shows into one shot.

   I think we could, if we took the picture in the right location,
like parking the trucks in a couple of rows on the airstrip, and
taking the picture from the bank of the pond, or up near the shop,
somewhere with some elevation. Or, they could be parked in a couple
of rows in the main parking area, facing downhill, with the picture
taken from further down the hill. I think with some elevation or
a slope, it can be done by using more than one row of trucks.

: I really liked the group shot we did at BBQ 2001 with everyone on top of
: that mini-waterfall jsut above the Lower Waterfall, standing in their
: beds. http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq02/levy/37.jpg

   Yep, and I think we could do something like that with all of
the trucks. (Actually, that location might be a great place to
try it...) For example:

   http://www.jonsteiger.com/www/misc/groupbbq2.jpg

 That was very quickly hacked together and I'm not even sure I got the
scale right, but I think it demonstrates basically what I am talking
about. That's 12 trucks in the space, and we could obviously cram
even more in there - I think its doable!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'