Re: BBQ--> Caravan Meeting at Peace Bridge

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 00:03:43 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> "Norah Bleazard" <norah.dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
>
> : Hey Jon,
>
> : I'm wondering if you're thanking Jason or cursing him right about now...
> : hehehehehehe.
>

> I think the BBQ has generally been a Good Idea(tm). :-)

Reading the intro text on http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/DMLBBQ01/ ,
it's surprising to see how innocent this whole thing started out being.
  Kind of like watchign Full House for a few years and then finding out
how raunchy Bob Saget's stand-up comedy act is.

> Speaking of which, we haven't done that since the 1st BBQ, and I
> think we might want to try to start doing that again... Get the
> trucks lined up (*all* the trucks!), get everybody in front of them
> (or next to their trucks), put a camera with a timer on a tripod and
> record it for posterity.
>
> It would be nice to see all the trucks in one shot, and its also
> nice to be able to put faces to the names for those unfortunate
> folks stuck at home. :-)

Technology, my boy, technology. Get everyone parked in a line or
semi-circle, take the pictures, and then stitch them together (there'a
big picture like that I think I sent you from the BBQ last year). We
can't possibly get a wide enough angle lens to fit every truck that
shows into one shot.

I really liked the group shot we did at BBQ 2001 with everyone on top of
that mini-waterfall jsut above the Lower Waterfall, standing in their
beds. http://www.dakota-truck.net/MEET/dmlbbq02/levy/37.jpg

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------