New Dak at work and Durango at home!!

From: Got MoPar ? aar.mopar.cc (maark@wrlc.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 14:48:32 EST

Well a few weeks ago, after searching high and low for a replacement for
our company's 1996 Astro Van (it seems that if you can convince management
to spring for a CD player and remote door locks, nobody makes a small cargo
van with those accessories :-( ). Then it hit me, why not a Dakota Quad Cab?
We now have an Almond Quad with CD, 4.7 V8, remote doors and lots of other
really nice stuff. We're going to add a contractors cap painted to match and
still spend less money than a new Astro! Too bad I almost never go out in it,
am I a great boss or what!

On the home front, we have been kicking the idea of getting a Durango around.
Sooo.... over the weekend we stopped to see if the bucket seats in a Durango
would give me the room I need to reach the seatbelt (the Dakota's bench
is a pain with the armrest down!). I quick look told me it would be fine
with the buckets, then I noticed a Z in the VIN! 360s are not that easy to
find around here, so we talked to the salesman (had planned to just sit in
one and dash). Next day, they came close enough to my offer and we went
down and picked it up. Here she is in a nutshell:

Silver SLT ++, Charcol leather interior, buckets and 3rd seat, AWD/4WD, auto,
360, 3.92, AM/FM/Cas/CD, Infinity speakers. She's in great shape, 38k miles.
Comes with a 8 year 80k warranty (5 more years and 42k more miles) major
driveline and for a few extra bucks it covers a lot more.

This will be Lynn's daily and I can drop the PT 2 inches without worrying
about her not being able to drive it. We bought this mostly to travel in. I
can't
wait until vacation, it won't be cheap, but it will be comfortable ;-)..

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland.
2001 PT Cruiser Deep Cranberry Pearl, Limited Edition, Xenon body kit,
To be installed: Borla stainless cat-back duals, Eibach lowering springs.
2000 Durango 360/AWD, 1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto, 6-Pack.
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.mopar.cc (Thanks Chris!)