Re: Alignment with 2/3 Hotchkis drop

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:49:34 EST

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to do the alignment myself so accuracy isn't
going to be a problem ;-) You're probably right about the way I drive...I
AM lowering my truck so I can autoX more often... I'm getting the coils
fairly soon and shooting to have them on by the end of next month so I'll be
sure to post some pics and give some reactions to the new setup. Again,
thanks for all your help Jayson!

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Jayson Woodruff" <woodrufj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3E6EC3B7.90101@yahoo.com... > > Josh. Considering the way I drive, I have an idea of how you drive too. > I saw Bernd posted Hotchkis recommended, but I would take the camber > even farther than that. > > Here's my suggestions: > If you just want even tire wear aim for -1deg. If you want a compromise > between autoX and street go for about 1.3-1.4 deg. If you want a > bitchen autoX set up at the expense of a little tire wear (probably > reduce miles ~30%), go as much camber as possible. You can get about > 1.6-1.7deg out of the stock parts. When I set mine up at 1.6deg, it was > noticably more balenced in the turns. > > Also if you have a very good accurate shop. Go .05 to .1 deg more > camber on the drivers side than the passengers. You plus the battery > and a few other unbalencing items make the left side about 300lbs > heavier than the right. This uneven camber will help with that. > > I got a little advice from hotchkis about my too low a spring rate in > the rear. Unfortunately all their advice is to increases availble > travel rather than stiffens the spring. I might have to look into > something else down the line. > > Jay W > 505/287 Dakota > > Josh Battles wrote: > > Hey, when I put my Hotchkis 2/3 drop on my truck are there any special > > alignment specs that I need to follow??? When I put the springs and shocks > > in I'm going to use that opportunity to replace all of my crappy rubber > > bushings with new urethane ones (blue to match the truck) and will have to > > align the truck after. This is really no big deal, I've got the access to > > an alignment rack and know how to do the service, but was wondering wether I > > should just use the stock specs or if there are any "performance minded" > > ones from Hotchkis. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I haven't > > been able to find anything on their website - although I haven't really > > looked that hard yet. > > > > Thanks in advance!!! > > > > -- > > -Josh > > 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > > > > >