Re: RE: RE: '92 Dak V8 auto with weird electrical stuff

From: Dean Woodward (deanw@rdrop.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 11:04:45 EST

RayB wrote:
> I don't know if the '96 configuration is any different but the
> solution is still the sending unit. Mine began like yours but
> gradually became more erratic. I lived with it for 2 years before I
> got around to changing it and saw all types of gauge behavior.

[delurk]
I bought my '94 (V8 4x4 SLT) used in '97 with 50 K miles on it; the fuel
gauge was dead at that time. Since the PO had popped for the full 7/70
bumper to bumper warranty, I payed the transfer fee and got the fuel
sender fixed. Three times in 20k miles.

Interesting to note that my low fuel idiot light still works
flawlessly... Now I treat my pickup like I do my motorcycles- I reset
the trip meter every tank and fill it up when I'm down to a quarter or
so (based on how much it's taken to fill in the past.)

I'll replace the gauge again just before I sell the pickup... maybe.
[/delurk]