Re: Rear Bumper

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 12:27:05 EST

DML wrote:
> I need a new bumper for my '00 black Dakota sport. Mine suffers from many
> "oops dammit didn't see that" and "where did that come from"
>
> I am torn between a roll pan or a direct replacement bumper. I have a
> receiver hitch already mounted on the truck below the existing bumper. Does
> this play a role in the decision of a roll pan. Does any one have a bumper
> they don't want anymore. Locally would be nice ,Central Texas, freight is a
> killer I know I am a freight logistics manager.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Sam P
> San Marcos, Texas
> 00 Dak Sport

Just a thought - - if you drive by brail as I do heh - you may not want
to have a roll pan -- if you bang up your bumper - its easy to
replace... if you back into something without a bumper - your going to
damage the roll pan, tail gate and perhaps the bed itself. That kind of
damage isnt as easy or as cheap to fix.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/