Two hundred dollars down the drain...

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 17:31:51 EST

Hey all,
  Went to a mechanic today while I was in NY visiting family and had the guy
use a stethoscope (sp?) to determine if it was the water pump or not that
has been giving me problems. Well after he said yes I went to another place
and had them check it out and they agreed it was the water pump, so I had it
replaced. Two hours later and 200 less in my pocket I still have the noise.
  I'm almost leaning toward it being the fan and fan clutch that is causing
the noise...anyone think maybe this is correct? In case you don't remember
the problem...loud squawking noise at startup and increasing rattling noise
under acceleration. Also I noticed that it seems my fan is always on, so
that's why I'm geared towards the fan clutch. I need to get this fixed
because it's driving me crazy!!!!!!! I think I might just find a way to get
to the 03 BBQ and bury my handicapped (read 2 wheel drive) dak in the pit
and let that monster consume it...I've heard it does well with pesky
dakotas...
Eric Jerman