Re: New Dakota Owner

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 23:12:30 EST

Conrad J. Koch wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> A week ago today, I purchased a new '03 Dakota SXT Club Cab, Gray (or
> "Graphite Metallic" in marketing talk), 6 cyl, 5 speed. It's the first
> truck I've ever owned, my previous vehicles being all sports or sporty
> cars (Mazda RX7's to be exact). But, the more I drive it, the more I
> like it!

Having driven both an auto and manual 4x4 Dak (both V8s), I can tell you
the 5-speed is the only way to fly if you can handle a stick. To think
I wasted 4 years on the automatic in my old truck.

> I've got the Line-X bed liner going in on Monday, but I'd also like to
> get a tonneau cover in either new or near-new condition. I've been
> looking around at the sub-$200 soft tops and it looks as though the
> Saddleman cover with the "Flip Lock" fits the bill. I don't have the
> part number handy... Anyone have good or bad to say about this one?

I just sold my old truck with its Downey SST cover attached. A month
ago, I'd have sold you the cover. Check out the Downey. It's a shade
over $200 but I was very happy with it. The channel-snap design is very
convenient - you don't have to line up any snaps, just get the nub over
the channel and tap it home. I have another Downey on order for my new
truck I was so pleased with the old one.

> I think I'll be in this truck for the long haul, so to speak, so
> hopefully I'll eventually gain enough knowledge to be a contributing
> member of the list instead of just a lurker...

Where are you located? Anywhere near the Great Lakes?

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------