Disappointing day at the Dyno

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 16:09:48 EST

Well, I was all excited to dyno today, since the HO cams have been broken
in and the addition of the GTS Ramair kit.

I pulled almost the SAME HP and TQ as I did before the whole HO cam mess.

Here's my mods:

GTS Ramair Intake
F&B 70MM TB
HO Cams
Mike Leach PCM
3" In, 2 x 2 1/4" out Exhaust

Before the GTS Ramair and the HO cams, I consistently pulled 223RWHP/285RWTQ
on the dyno.

I installed the HO Cams, and had a few issues with them (mainly the dowel
pin) Didn't suspect it at the time, so I put in the 21# FMS injectors. That
didn't fix it, then I had Leach reflash the computer with 3 degrees less
timing. I then installed a brand new set of HO cams without the dowel pin
problem, and pulled around 220-222 on the dyno. With those injectors, I was
running way rich across the board. Only difference was that I had a 4"
Z-Tube on it.

Now flash forward, removed the 4" Z-tube (added the GTS Ramair intake), and
replaced the 21# injectors with the stockers, and dynoed today. I got a
friggen 221RWHP/284RWTQ!

So my questions are this:

1) Something is obviously wrong in my setup. What is it?

2) Should I check the computer?

3) Leach isn't flashing PCM's right now. I'm swaying towards the Kenne Bell
to get the computer reflashed.

Thanks for your help!

william