Re: Electric Fans & CAI.

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 13:04:36 EST

Bill Day wrote:
> Hi all, I know this issue has been gone over numerous times, but I have a
> couple questions..

A refresher doesn't hurt, especially when big damage can result.

> First, I want to install an electric fan in my truck so I shut it off for
> items like creeks, the pit(when I get to go) and such..

Mandatory. I didn't do this and drove home from Daktoberfest '01 with
no fan at all.

> Second, I remember someone had a problem with the location of their CAI and
> sucking water into their motor.. I think maybe it was the full size Ram at
> one meet(watched the video) and would like to avoid this problem.. what
> solutions are you DAK owners that play in the pit using.. Snorkeling?

I think just about all of us have had a problem with the pit regardless
of intake setup. In order of safety: stay the hell out of the pit (my
new preference), drive like Jason & Neil regardless of intake, snorkel,
stock intake, round top-mount open element, cold air, and then driving
like Adam (regardless of intake). The lower and more exposed your
intake, the more dangerous, obviously.

> Any tips and pointers ont his would be great as I plan to begin these at the
> end of March when I get my truck back from the bodyshop.

Something like the Intense Performance Stage III with the "cold air can"
might work well in the pit. You could reroute the intake hose to be
very snorkel-like.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------