Re: 4.7 W/Auto Trans.

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 02:02:27 EST

Sam,
I haven't heard of any major mechanical problems with that combo (Dodge
autos only seem to start going south after pouring the massive amounts of
power the V10 and Cummins engines put out through them), but I have heard
that that combo is gutless. The 4.7/5-speed combo is less so, but as you're
one that did a 318-to-360 swap in a Dak, I imagine you'd be displeased with
the power that engine will put out in a full-sized truck.
I guess my question is, if you're set on an auto this time around, why not
spring for a Hemi?

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com