95 Dakota cutting out

From: M Smith (gtv684@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 08:33:04 EST

Driving along in my 95 CC 4X4 with the 3.9 with a bit over 100,000 miles,
3/4 tank of gas, and she just sputters and dies! Pull off the road and start
it back up and go about 1/4 mile and does it again, just sputtered but kept
running. Stop at the store and when I come back out it will not start, just
cranks around but no start. Call the wife and leave the truck for about an
hour, come back with tools and she fires right up. Drive home no problem.
Next day it starts fine, drive into town no problem, on the way home it
dies, pop it in Neutral and starts back up, drive home and it sputters one
more time but keeps running. Is this the start of a dieing fuel pump? Plenty
of fuel pressure while running........

Maybe something electrical?

Thanks-

Mark in KY