Re: Killed the Pony!!!!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:03:30 EST

""Gary Hedlin"" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message
news:b50v8b$b2s$1@bent.twistedbits.net...
> He toasted his clutch.
>
> This will be the 4th clutch hes gone through in 8 months. Something tells
> me he needs to learn how to drive a stick, or get an automatic. However,
> I'm marking this down as a kill!!

4 clutches in 8 months???? That's unbelievable, and at about $600 a pop for
parts and install that can't be cheap either. It's time that your brother
either took lessons on how to drive that thing or just trade it in for
something that has an auto trans. I drove a stick for 2 years in mostly
stop and go traffic for over 100K miles and didn't manage to roast a clutch,
and I love those high rpm shifts (that just eat clutches) too! No car in my
opinion should ever go thru 4 clutches in it's lifetime, especially when the
AVERAGE driver can usually manage about 60-80K miles out of one.

> I'm sure once he learns how to shift he'll kick my ass, but as it stands
now I have one more thing to tease him about!!!

If he hasn't managed to learn in 8 months, he's not going to learn at all.
Time for an auto trans in my opinion.

-Josh