Killed the Pony!!!!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 23:26:59 EST

Well, tonight I went out with my brother and got a good opertunity to take
on his mustang GT. I know it sounds like a missmatch, with me in the 3.9
dak, but since he has a manual transmission, I thought I would have a
chance.

We got out on Finley Rd. in Downers Grove, and lined up at the light. I
reved up to about 2500rpm's, and the light turned green. He had me off the
line, but then i heard a really loud grinding noise comming from his car.
Then I passed him and cruised to the other light on the street. I had to
turn arround to go see what was wrong with his car beings he only made it
halfway.

He toasted his clutch.

This will be the 4th clutch hes gone through in 8 months. Something tells
me he needs to learn how to drive a stick, or get an automatic. However,
I'm marking this down as a kill!! I'm sure once he learns how to shift
he'll kick my ass, but as it stands now I have one more thing to tease him
about!!!

Gary Hedlin