Re: ride matching, is it worth it?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 17:28:23 EST

It sounds basically like they're gonna match mount the tires and check to
make sure you're wheels run true. Odds are that if you've been offroading
that you're wheels are bent, and they're gonna tell you you need new wheels.
Having done this procedure (match mount) I can honestly tell you that in a
truck that you take offroad you're not goint to notice any differences than
if you weren't going to do it. I'd save your dollars, the alignment and a
good balance will probably take care of the problems. Just remember, put
the tire with the most weight on it farthest from the driver. The tires
with the least amount of weight on them should go on the front, that way you
won't feel any of the vibrations from the rears (with more weight) as their
balance will change faster. If you're really into it, you should balance
your tires when you rotate them every 6K mi like you're supposed to for max
life.

I hope that this helps.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Brian T. Carter"" <Brian.Carter@texian.org> wrote in message news:BE36D68E188B54488A0FD2AF3C96AAF3062DE3@tehuantepec.ds.texian.org... > > Is ride matching worth it? > > I am replacing my tires (going with OEM replacements, Goodyear ATS), and they want me to pay for a ride matching service. > > http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/info/featuresRideMatch.jsp > > It might make sense, but if it is actually done on the vehicle, wouldn't be a mistake on my truck, since I am following the new tires with an alignment job? > > Thanks, > BTC > 2000 QC, 4.7L 4x4 - 84K miles and counting