Re: Snap Crackle Pop

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 00:09:48 EST

Kyle Vanditmars wrote:
> I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular to cut down on the
> popping noises I get when decelerating by downshifting. It's a v6 w/ a
> flowmaster 40 3". If there isn't a way, what on earth causes it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Well for one - I LOVE that sound -- but then again its a personal
preference I suppose. The kind of muffler you have and the size of the
pipe will directly effect that burble on deaccel. 3 inches is a little
bigger than a V6 really needs - 2.5 or even 2 inch pipes will do well on
a V6 (2.5 is best) I personally have no experiance with thr flowmaster
40 so I dont know what it sounds like - but you may want to change it to
a quieter muffler if the 40 is too harsh for ya.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/