Re: Snap Crackle Pop

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 01:08:00 EST

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3E76AA1C.2090405@earthlink.net...

> Well for one - I LOVE that sound -- but then again its a personal
> preference I suppose. The kind of muffler you have and the size of the
> pipe will directly effect that burble on deaccel. 3 inches is a little
> bigger than a V6 really needs - 2.5 or even 2 inch pipes will do well on
> a V6 (2.5 is best)

Well, there's the burble, which I'm down with as well. But this is more of
a tinny pop... It was there w/ the stock muffler too, now it's just louder,
and shakes the floor, which I kinda expected.

As for the 3" pipe, when I went down to the local speedshop to purchase the
muffler (which I got for $87 CDN, sweet deal,) the guy looked up the part
number in the flowmaster catalog, and it listed a 3" muffler for '92-'93
V6/V8 - mine's a '92. I asked him what the deal was, as I was under the
impression that I had 2.5" pipe, like every other Dak that I know of, but
the guy said that if there was any issue getting it installed, just bring it
back. I went down to a muffler shop to have it installed, and the shop guy
said that the cat and pipe to the muffler were 3" after he had looked at
'em. This was how I bought the truck, and all of the exhaust was as stock
as stock can be, except for a replacement cat. Since my tailpipe had rusted
off and is in the local landfill, I opted for a new 3" tailpipe.