Re: changing rotors?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 15:29:47 EST

<Tubamirbls@aol.com> wrote in message news:109.217eed1d.2ba8d64e@aol.com...

> Removal of the rotors will expose the two bearings on each front
wheel.
> These should be cleaned and repacked to recommendations. For best
results,
> take them to a garage where they have a tool that forces the new grease in
> and around each roller. Just wiping tbe bearings with grease and/or
putting
> copious quantities in the cell where they reside does not "pack" them.
>
> Paul Sahlin

Paul,

His 2k1 has sealed bearings up front. you don't repack them...

However, as far as the bearing packer goes...for the average joe to repack
them, it's easier to just do it by hand since it isn't done that often. I
can repack all 4 races on my mustang in about 10 mins by hand after they're
removed.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L