Re: Sub-woofer ?

From: Droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 16:52:53 EST

Blakdak2k@aol.com wrote:

>I just picked up a Kenwood 250w amp and 8" 600w Kenwood subwoofer. The plan
>is to build a custom box for them underneath the back seat in my GenIII Club
>Cab. I have seen boxes like this before.
>-My question is this box is going to be much smaller than the recommended
>dimension for the woofer, is that going to seriously affect the performance.
>
>-Also I beleive I have seen clear plastic covers over subwoofers, does the
>woofer sound just as good even if it has a sealed cover. Do I need ports or
>anything

You will get a different sound from a sealed box vs. a ported box. You
should look into what is recommended for your subwoofer. 8" subs don't
require alot of volume so I don't think you'll have a problem with that.
When my new truck shows up I'm most likely going to buy the Custom
Q-logic enclosure that fits into one of the tray's in the back. That
holds an 8". Pretty sweet setup but it's costly for what it is. MTX
offers a similar option for underneath the jump seats, except you
replace the entire tray system and it hold two 10" subs.