Sub-woofer ?

From: Blakdak2k@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 03:21:41 EST

I just picked up a Kenwood 250w amp and 8" 600w Kenwood subwoofer. The plan
is to build a custom box for them underneath the back seat in my GenIII Club
Cab. I have seen boxes like this before.
-My question is this box is going to be much smaller than the recommended
dimension for the woofer, is that going to seriously affect the performance.

-Also I beleive I have seen clear plastic covers over subwoofers, does the
woofer sound just as good even if it has a sealed cover. Do I need ports or
anything

Thanks
Aaron