Re: [dml_Off_Topic] Impeach Bush Site

From: Steve (jsm@hardynet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 15:34:19 EST

> >""Miles Harris III"" <spikes_duall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> F98C7VloKMFM9u0000bcb2@hotmail.com...
>
> >At http://www.Votetoimpeach.Com you can sign an online petition
> > asking
>
> Congress to
>
> >impeach George W. Bush for high crimes and misdemeanors.
>
> 1. It will never happen
> 2. If you don't like the way things are going, leave.
> 3. If I could reach you, I would thump your dictator loving dumb
> pansy ass.

That's all good and well but let me ask something. Exactly when did our
Congress declare war for this pending action? I know they haven't done
so since WWII, but does that make it right for this President to commit
our troops? If we are going to go to war then let Congress do its job
properly and declare war. Congress does not have the authority, under
the Constitution, to give the President any authorization to start a
war. And in case you're interested I spent two tours of duty in-country
in another undeclared war in Vietnam.

--
Steve

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny! -Thomas Jefferson